M-Tech releases P-Synch v4.2February 18, 2000
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
M-Tech is pleased to announce the release of P-Synch 4.2. This latest version of our industry-leading password management solution includes several innovative features:
- Support for managing passwords on LDAP servers. This greatly enhances the P-Synch facility for changing and resetting passwords on directory servers, which are increasingly forming the backbone of e-commerce solutions in large organizations.
- Transparent password synchronization based on Netscape Directory Server password changes. When users change their SLAPD passwords, P-Synch can automatically synchronize their passwords on other systems, with no manual intervention.
- Native support for Novell GroupWise mail domains. This enhances existing GroupWise support by adding an administrative interface, and eliminating the need for scripting.
- Native support for Lotus Domino server passwords. P-Synch can now manage server passwords on Lotus Domino servers.
- A simplified mechanism for web-based password synchronization. With this new feature, users can synchronize passwords by authenticating with one password, and then changing many passwords, with one simple GUI.
- A new web-based module for enterprise-wide username management. With this module, users can build a centralized database that shows their various login IDs on diverse systems.
Current users are invited to contact M-Tech for information on how to upgrade P-Synch.
To find out more, or to download a free evaluation copy of P-Synch, just visit our web site at http://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager, or contact us:
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com