M-Tech announces the beta release of its Account Management Product, ID-SynchCalgary, Canada - August 10, 2000
M-Tech Mercury Information Technology, Inc. announces a beta testing program for the ID-Synch directory administration system. Leveraging its expertise in heterogeneous password management, M-Tech will incorporate support for over 60 target system types in the very first release of ID-Synch.
ID-Synch simplifies multi-system directory management by providing system administrators and help desk operators with a uniform, enterprise-wide facility for creating, deleting, enabling, disabling and renaming login accounts. These operations are all available through a Java graphical user interface (GUI), from anywhere on the network.
ID-Synch uses templates and roles to allow non-technical users to manage accounts on any system. Empowering support staff to manage accounts will free system administrators from this routine task. More importantly, a single point of contact means that account activation can be completed in hours rather than days, leading to substantial productivity improvements -- especially for new staff.
Besides streamlining the account management business process, ID-Synch enhances network security in several ways:
- It enforces a uniform, enterprise-wide security policy.
- It logs all administrative actions.
- It incorporates a flexible access control system.
- It creates a central repository of user / account information, which is essential for prompt account termination.
ID-Synch can manage accounts on virtually any system in a modern network, including:
- Novell NetWare bindery and NDS.
- Novell GroupWise.
- Windows NT servers and domains.
- Windows 2000 servers and active directory.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Any LDAP server.
- 16 flavors of Unix using any supported password database.
- VM, MVS and OS/390 mainframes.
- VMS and AS/400 minis.
- Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Informix and DB/2 databases.
- Lotus cc:Mail, Notes and Domino.
- web applications.
- ERP systems.
- Custom applications.
Other ID-Synch benefits to the enterprise include:
- Reducing workload for system administrators.
- Improving customer service and end-user productivity by enabling an efficient process for creating new accounts.
- Ensuring that new accounts conform to standards.
Organizations interested in participating in the ID-Synch beta testing program should contact M-Tech at sales@Hitachi-ID.com or 1.403.233.0740 by August 11, 2000.
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com
P-Synch eliminates most password problems using password synchronization, and empowers users to resolve problems without calling the help desk, using self-service password resets.
ID-Synch incorporates M-Tech's next-generation technology, and is aimed at extending the cost-savings and security benefits of P-Synch. Where P-Synch streamlines password management, ID-Synch will streamline account administration.
If you are interested in beta-testing ID-Synch, please contact us: