M-Tech releases P-Synch 5.0November 1, 2000
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
M-Tech announces the general availability of P-Synch 5.0. This latest version of our industry-leading password management solution includes many innovative features and enhancements, including:
- A streamlined user interface for all modules, as illustrated at Detailed Hitachi ID Password Manager presentation .
- Integrated support for a secure kiosk account, which allows users to access self-service password resets from their workstation login screen, without a desktop software deployment.
- Enhanced security features throughout, including stronger 128-bit encryption for communication between P-Synch components on the network, and encryption of user authentication profiles.
- Self-service SecurID token management.
- A standardized, open architecture for interfacing P-Synch with any enterprise help desk system. The same powerful language manages the business logic, and supports every major help desk and e-mail system.
- Extended support for applications that use a SQL database back-end, including ready support for applications from Siebel, PeopleSoft, Extensity and many others.
- Production support for ACF2 and TopSecret, as well as RACF, in P-Synch/390.
- A simplified installation process. The software can now be installed in just a few minutes, and a fully functional installation for a simple network can be ready for production in 1-2 hours.
- Completely new and much more extensive documentation.
- Simplified web administration.
- Better security for the Unix client/server protocol, and automatic discovery of new Unix users without server-side software.
- A tool for seamlessly deploying password-related registry updates and login screen wallpaper images to Windows workstations, from a global network login script.
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com
Find out moreTo find out more, or to download a free evaluation copy of P-Synch, contact M-Tech at any of the following addresses: