Siebel Systems Licenses P-Synch Password Management SystemCalgary, Alberta
March 23, 2001
M-Tech Mercury Information Technology, Inc. today announced that Siebel Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: SEBL], the world's leading provider of eBusiness applications software, has purchased an enterprise license for the P-Synch total password management system for all of it's users, worldwide.
Siebel Systems is the only company that provides an integrated eBusiness applications software suite enabling web-based multichannel sales, marketing and customer service systems, call centers, field, reseller channels, retail and dealer networks. In 1999 and 2000, FORTUNE magazine recognized Siebel Systems as the fastest growing company and the third fastest growing company in the United States, respectively. In July 2000, BusinessWeek recognized Siebel Systems as the second leading information technology company in the world.
Siebel Systems employs approximately 8,000 employees in 37 countries and 144 offices around the world. Siebel Systems required a scalable and robust password management system to support its worldwide organization. The rigorous requirements for a password management solution included:
- Cross platform password management on Windows NT and 2000, Unix, LDAP, and a variety of internal application software,
- Selective password synchronization across multiple trusted systems,
- Help desk password reset and end user self-service password reset,
- Compatibility with a diverse range of client and server platforms,
- Self-service RSA ACE/SecurID token administration,
- Fault tolerant with 24 x 7 guaranteed availability.
"We are very pleased to have been selected by Siebel Systems for password management," said Idan Shoham, M-Tech Chief Information Technology Officer. "P-Synch is consistently selected by leading technology companies, such as Siebel Systems, for both internal and external application. Leading technology companies clearly see the advantage of P-Synch over alternative solutions."
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com
P-Synch supports strong authentication using a wide range of tokens, biometrics and an open architecture as well as inexpensive question-and-answer profiles. This makes it suitable for both corporate users and e-Commerce deployment.
Some of P-Synch's unique features include:
- synchronizing user passwords across all platforms and systems without installing any desktop software;
- enforcing enterprise-wide password strength policies;
- allowing authenticated users to reset their own forgotten passwords and manage their own SecurID tokens;
- allowing support staff to reset passwords on every system, with no special administrative rights;
- reducing support costs while improving network security; and
- relatively fast and inexpensive enterprise deployment and rollout.
M-Tech is currently developing a line of complementary products that will manage login IDs and directories. ID-Synch, a system for simplifying multi-system user account management is currently available for beta testing.
For more information about P-Synch, visit Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager.