M-Tech releases P-Synch/LiteCalgary, Alberta
April 2, 2001
M-Tech Mercury Information Technology Inc, the leader in enterprise password management technology, today announced the release of P-Synch/Lite: the first free, self-service, web-based password reset automation solution. With P-Synch/Lite, organisations will be able to empower their users to quickly and securely reset their passwords without having to call the corporate help desk.
"P-Synch/Lite will revolutionise the password management marketplace," said Gideon Shoham, M-Tech's co-founder and CEO. "Organisations will now be able to effectively "divert" the majority of help desk password reset calls, which typically account for 20 to 30 percent of call volume."
P-Synch/Lite is available for download over the Internet to any organisation, free of charge, as an entry-level password self reset technology. P-Synch/Lite users will be able to seamlessly upgrade to the fully-featured P-Synch product as their requirements evolve.
P-Synch/Lite is also available for license by software vendors for integration into their products. M-Tech is now in the final stages of negotiations with several large help desk and self-service software vendors who are integrating P-Synch/Lite into their own offerings. A series of announcements on these arrangements will be released shortly.
P-Synch/Lite is web-based, and requires no client deployment.
Enterprises no longer require significant investments in a self-service Q&A profile builder. This facility is an integral component of P-Synch/Lite.
Other features included in P-Synch/Lite:
- Self-service password reset automation.
- Password management for:
- Windows NT servers and domains.
- Windows 2000 servers and Active Directory domains.
- Novell 3.x and bindery emulation servers.
- Novell NDS trees.
- Automatic detection of accounts with uniform names, to reduce software administration time.
- Automated web-based server administration.
- Automated password policy enforcement.
The fully featured P-Synch package
For organizations whose requirements extend beyond self-service password reset, the fully featured P-Synch package offers many additional capabilities, including:
- Reduction in the incidence rates of password problems through password synchronisation.
- Multi-server scalability.
- Support for multiple, non-standard login IDs for each user.
- Access to self-service password reset from the Windows NT or Windows 2000 workstation login prompt.
- Support analyst password reset capability.
- Support for over 60 platforms.
- Integration with existing I.T. infrastructure, including help desk issue tracking systems, voice response servers, meta directories, authentication devices, e-mail and more.
- Professional services, turn-key deployment, and ongoing technical support.
How to download P-Synch/Lite
To find out more, and obtain a free license for P-Synch/Lite, visit:
For more information about P-Synch, visit Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager.
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com