M-Tech releases P-Synch 5.1May 11, 2001
M-Tech has announced the general availability of the newest version of its Total Password Management Solution: P-Synch 5.1.
The newest P-Synch version introduces several significant enhancements, including:
- Performance enhancements for sites with large user databases.
- An improved and expanded user manual.
- Simplified tools for customizing the user interface.
- Additional and enhanced support for:
- Informix-based applications.
- DB2-based applications.
- SAP ERP systems.
- A new facility to build P-Synch's Notes ID file repository.
- New password rules and functions:
- P-Synch can block passwords that contain a dictionary word.
- Password must not match first N characters of username.
- A more powerful regular expression engine.
- Support analyst resets can set the user's password to a default value, retrieved from an external system.
- Users can now be required to populate a Q&A profile before they activate transparent synchronization.
- More powerful support for user inclusion and exclusion lists.
- The ability to periodically, automatically change the credentials P-Synch uses to log into target systems.
- More powerful built-in statistical analysis reports.
- Real-time replication of Q&A profiles between master and slave servers.
- Many minor usability enhancements.
"With P-Synch 5.1, we have enhanced our leadership position in the password management field", said Idan Shoham, M-Tech CTO. "The enhancements derive directly from user requirements in current deployments, and address real market needs."
P-Synch continues to maintain its competitive advantage over other products in the marketplace. Several new M-Tech customers selected P-Synch after evaluating or even pilot testing competing products, only to learn that competing solutions could not deliver required functionality or integration.
"As a result of the continuing and growing demand for P-Synch, M-Tech doubled its manpower in the last 12 months, and we expect the next year to continue this pace of growth." said Gideon Shoham, M-Tech CEO.
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com
To find out more, please contact us: