M-Tech releases P-Synch 6.0
July 17, 2001
M-Tech today announced the general release of P-Synch 6.0, the most powerful password management system available. P-Synch 6.0 includes significant new functionality, extended platform support, even easier deployment and administration, and wider integration with enterprise support infrastructure.
"This release is a major milestone for the password management industry," said Idan Shoham, M-Tech's CTO. " Our customers continue to demand ever more complex password management functionality, and P-Synch 6.0 widens M-Tech's technology lead over vendors of password reset solutions."
New functionality includes
- Streamlined support for multiple login IDs per user, per system.
- More powerful and easier-to-use profile builders for user authentication data and for login ID profiles. This includes SmartAlias (TM), which allows P-Synch to automatically identify a user's accounts in LDAP and NDS directories.
- A plugin architecture to extend self-service and help desk functionality beyond password management. Enterprises can add plugins to clear intruder lockout, extend account expiration dates, or anything else that requires user and/or help desk analyst authentication.
Platform support has been extended with
- A solution to propagation delays caused by password resets in global, native mode Windows 2000 Active Directory domains.
- Better support for SAP 4.5/4.6.
- Improved support for PeopleSoft applications.
- The ability to manage Remedy ARS passwords.
- The ability to manage Business Objects passwords.
- The ability to manage Convergys Macrocell(TM) passwords.
Other enhancements include
- A completely redesigned user interface, including enhanced support for multiple languages.
- Numerous performance optimizations.
- Expanded statistical reporting, to measure product utilization and trends.
- The ability to grant help desk users access to P-Synch based on their Windows NT/2000 group membership, without manually defining them in the P-Synch database.
- A module to update a Lotus Notes ID file repository. This helps customers build a repository, if they don't already have one. ID file repositories are used to simulate password resets on Lotus Notes.
- Integration with Clarify eFrontOffice and Support.com SmartIssues.
"Four new enterprise customers, with a total of over 100,000 users, have already deployed P-Synch 6.0." said Alan Donenfeld, M-Tech's Director of Corporate Sales. "This early deployment demonstrates the product's scalability and reliability; more importantly, our enterprise customers are now typically seeing 100% guaranteed production deployments in as little as 20 business days."
If you are a current P-Synch licensee, please contact your account representative for a free upgrade.
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com