M-Tech Announces Major P-Synch 6.0 Enterprise Licenses
July 31, 2001
M-Tech Mercury Information Technology Inc., provider of P-Synch, the Total Password Management Solution, has completed several new enterprise license agreements in the last few weeks with Fortune 500 companies.
The newest companies to select P-Synch's innovative technology for enterprise deployment include:
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation -- a leading global manufacturer of tissue, personal care and health care products.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb -- an international pharmaceutical and related health care products company.
- AT&T Wireless -- the leading provider of advanced wireless services for consumers and businesses.
In total, more than 120,000 users within the above corporations will use P-Synch.
"We are very pleased with the recent selection of P-Synch by Kimberly-Clark, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AT&T Wireless, and several other major enterprises for password management," said Gideon Shoham, M-Tech CEO. "P-Synch is consistently selected by the vertical industry leaders with challenging technical and deployment requirements. These organizations select software products after a thorough review of all applicable vendor solutions."
Mr. Shoham added that the above sales offered an opportunity to deploy the newly released P-Synch 6.0. "P-Synch 6.0 widens M-Tech's technology lead beyond any other solution currently available world wide," he said. Some of the many new innovative features included in the P-Synch 6.0 are:
- Streamlined support for multiple login IDs per user/system
- The ability to utilize P-Synch functionality beyond password management,
- Extended platform support, and
- Even more robust performance in large scale deployments.
Alan Donenfeld, M-Tech Director of Sales, noted that P-Synch 6.0 is easy to deploy. "Even very large companies are seeing 100% guaranteed production deployments, with complete roll-out to end-users, in as little as 20 business days."
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com
P-Synch supports effective security through extensive encryption and strong authentication, using tokens, biometrics and an open architecture as well as inexpensive, built-in Q&A user profile builders. This makes it suitable for large-scale corporate users and e-Commerce deployment.
Some of P-Synch's unique features include:
- Synchronizing user passwords across all platforms and systems without installing any desktop software.
- Enforcing enterprise-wide password strength policies.
- Allowing authenticated users to reset their own forgotten passwords and manage their own SecurID tokens.
- Allowing support staff to reset passwords on every system, with no special administrative rights.
- Reducing support costs while improving network security.
- Relatively fast and inexpensive enterprise deployment and rollout.
M-Tech is currently developing a line of complementary products that will manage login IDs and directories. ID-Synch, a system for simplifying multi-system user account management is currently available for testing.
For more information about P-Synch, visit Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager