Phonetic Systems and M-Tech Mercury Information Technology increase corporate password management and security
January 24, 2002
and Bedford, MA, USA
Combine leading voice access and password management solutions for increased security, productivity and reduced cost
Phonetic Systems and M-Tech today announced more efficient and effective password management and security for corporate networks. Through technology integration, the two companies will enable customers to fully automate and provide voice access to the password reset process. As a result, organizations will reap benefits including:
- Increased security - provides an organization-wide ability to more easily follow industry recommendations for frequent password changes.
- Increased productivity - enables voice authenticated, 7x24 self-service access to the password reset process; facilitates more immediate continuance of business activities.
- Decreased cost - offloads help desk agents of verification and reset tasks and allows them to focus on higher value activities. META Group estimates that 30-40 percent of help desk time is spent in password reset
The partnership includes integration of M-Tech's P-Synch password management solution with Phonetic Systems' Voice Search Engine™ (VSE) technology. This partnership enables both internal and remote users to authenticate themselves via voice, reset passwords for network access, and then return immediately to their work. The solution can also be combined with Phonetic Systems' Speaker Verification Agent to ensure higher levels of security.
"Security and cost cutting are at the top of every business agenda," said JD Howard, CEO of Phonetic Systems. "Together with M-Tech we provide organizations with a way to meet both needs. Our self service voice applications are ideal for providing an advanced security front end for resetting passwords and dramatically reducing execution requirements."
"M-Tech is a leader in streamlining authentication, improving service and reducing support costs while still meeting stringent security requirements," said Gideon Shoham, CEO of M-Tech. "Our partnership with Phonetic Systems allows us to further streamline the support structure for, and user experience in, password security for greater business value."
P-Synch: The standard for password management
M-Tech's flagship product, P-Synch, is the leading password management solution. With millions of users in 400 organizations worldwide, P-Synch manages more passwords for more users on more systems than any other product on the market.
P-Synch's major advantages include:
- Transparent synchronization of passwords across all systems
- Support for more systems (over 60) than any other similar product
- Scalability and the ability to support large B2B and B2C enterprises
- The ease of customization to meet corporate requirements
- A web interface that streamlines and expedites help desk resets
- Password expiry detection and early warning
- A profile builder for alternate login IDs
VSE technology: The voice recognition solution of choice for Fortune 500 Enterprises
Phonetic Systems' VSE technology is designed for voice searching directories from a few to more than a million records - making it an ideal solution for the large enterprise. The VSE delivers a platform on which customers can layer high value voice applications such as self-service info centers, automated attendant, business continuity solutions, and paging.
Phonetic Systems' competitive advantages are:
- 24 x 7 performance with demonstrable ROI
- Unmatched scalability, accuracy and speed
- Dynamic updating ensures directories are always current
- Natural conversation management and a superior caller experience
- Easy deployment - it's a product not a project
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com
About Phonetic SystemsFounded in 1994, Phonetic Systems is the world leader in voice-enabling large and dynamic directories. The company's patented Voice Search Engine™ (VSE) is radically different than traditional speech recognition and is designed specifically for voice searching extremely large directories of more than 1,000,000 records. It is the only proven speech technology suitable for automating telecom carrier directory assistance. Phonetic Systems dominates the enterprise voice-enabled directory space with more than 95 percent share in the market for voice-enabling large directories for such applications as speech-driven auto attendants, speaker verification, and self-service information centers. The company's 100+ blue chip customer list includes Microsoft, Procter & Gamble, Bank of New York and FannieMae. Phonetic Systems' corporate headquarters are in Bedford, Massachusetts. For additional information and to try an online demonstration, visit http://www.PhoneticSystems.com/ .
For further information please contact: