P-Synch 6.2.0 released
May 2, 2002
Latest version improves usability and scalability for password management system
M-Tech Mercury Information Technology, Inc. today announced the general release of P-Synch 6.2.0. This latest release of P-Synch features an enhanced user sign-on process, easier registration of non-standard login IDs, and simplified GUI customization.
P-Synch 6.2.0 also includes many enhancements providing robust scalability, security and performance. These include fully independent instances, improved Secure Kiosk Account (SKA) security, more secure use of the Notes/Domino client, encryption throughout the master/slave replication process, and active monitoring of the password synchronization service.
"P-Synch 6.2.0 is a major milestone in terms of both usability and scalability of password management systems," said M-Tech CTO, Mr Idan Shoham. "P-Synch continues to meet and exceed the demands of very large organizations, including global enterprises and outsourcers supporting millions of end users."
Functionality enhancements includes:
- An enhanced user sign-on "Wizard" that lets users authenticate first and select a function second. This augments the old method in which users had to select a function before authentication.
- A significantly simplified process for users to add accounts with non-standard login IDs to their profile.
- An intuitive, step-by-step process that walks users through both registration and password updates.
- Prominent display of user profile information at key screens, so that users know how many IDs they have registered, how many questions are in their challenge-response authentication profile, etc.
- Support for "road warrior" users, who can now type "help" at their notebook login screen, and watch as a new client component dials into the corporate network, and presents the SKA self-service user interface.
Scalability enhancements include:
- Support for separate instances that are fully independent from one another. Each instance has its own files, registry entries, automation processes, services, web virtual directories, etc.
- A deployment utility to fully automate the process of identifying users who need to register, and prompting them to do so.
- Support for LDAP referrals (useful in very large LDAP environments).
- Enhanced master/slave replication, which eliminates the reliance on SMB and encrypts all replication traffic.
Security enhancements include:
- More effective controls over keyboard and mouse input when users access the Secure Kiosk Account.
- More robust input filtering, to prevent users from "escaping" from the SKA "jail."
For more details about P-Synch 6.2.0, please contact your account representative, or send e-mail to sales@Hitachi-ID.com.
If you are a current P-Synch licensee, please contact your account manager for an upgrade.
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com