P-Synch deployment success leads to license boost
June 24, 2002
P-Synch technology meeting needs of large companies
Several large companies who have successfully deployed P-Synch to eliminate password problems have recently upgraded their licenses to include thousands more users.
This latest boost to the number of P-Synch users, with millions of users worldwide, is in addition to the completion of a number of new enterprise agreements in the last two months.
P-Synch was introduced seven years ago by M-Tech Mercury Information Technology. According the M-Tech Chief Technology Officer, Mr Idan Shoham, the fact that many companies were upgrading their licenses following a successful deployment demonstrated that P-Synch technology was effective, easy to deploy, and provided a quick return on investment.
"It is significant that our customers have never had to reduce their requirement set. The scalability and robustness of P-Synch technology allows us to guarantee delivery to the total customer requirement."
Some of the customers who have recently broadened their P-Synch licenses include:
- Zurich North America Insurance - leader in commercial property-casualty insurance and risk management solutions. Zurich North America serves the multi-national, middle market, and small business sectors in the United States and Canada.
- Siemens Energy Automation - a worldwide provider of electrical, engineering and automation solutions. This new enterprise license came about with help from Siemens Business Services (SBS) who is also an M-Tech partner. SBS provides innovative solutions and services with operations in over 85 countries.
- Standard Chartered Bank - the world's leading emerging markets bank. The bank employs 30,000 people in over 50 countries throughout the Asia Pacific Region, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, United Kingdom, and the Americas.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb - an international pharmaceutical and related health care products company whose mission is to extend and enhance human life. Bristol-Myers Squibb recently extended their P-Synch license to cover over 75% of their worldwide employee base.
- Latham and Watkins - a global leader in corporate finance, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions transactions and complex business litigation
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com