New ID-Synch version meets provisioning needs for enterprises
August 1, 2002
ID-Synch deployed quickly on wide range of systems
More large enterprises are deploying ID-Synch to streamline user account provisioning, as M-Tech introduces ID-Synch: version 1.1.
Following its general release earlier this year, ID-Synch has been purchased by existing and new M-Tech clients. Customers reported that ID-Synch was selected over competing identity management technologies for its easy deployment, rich feature set, and extreme scalability.
ID-Synch 1.1 is built on the mature and robust technology of P-Synch, the Total Password Management Solution, which has been deployed successfully by many fortune 500 companies to manage passwords across more than 60 platforms.
M-Tech CTO Mr Idan Shoham said the companies deploying ID-Synch all had rigorous requirements for both functionality and schedule.
"We are finding that customers want to start out with ID provisioning on a wide range of systems, including directories such as Windows 2000 AD; ERP applications from PeopleSoft, Oracle and SAP; and legacy systems such as OS390/zOS mainframes and AS400/iSeries servers.
"Customers are concerned about deployment time and time-to-ROI. ID-Synch's rapid deployment technology, with features such as auto-discovery of IDs, global self-service registration, minimal or no requirement for server-side agents, is proving to be the obvious choice."
ID-Synch's automated workflow engine allows users to request new accounts using a simple form, obtains necessary authorization, then automatically creates the accounts using pre-defined templates.
The complete ID-Synch/P-Synch Identity Management Suite streamlines the administration of user accounts, IDs, and passwords over their entire life cycle, from ID creation, through password maintenance, until the ID is disabled and deleted.
ID-Synch features include:
- A built-in workflow engine to request, route, track and act on approvals to create new login accounts.
- A centralized security console for timely ID management.
- A batch load facility, suitable for automated and rule-based provisioning and deprovisioning.
- Support for over 60 different systems, including:
- Directories from Microsoft, Novell, Sun and others.
- Groupware and e-mail systems.
- ERP applications.
- Legacy mainframes and midrange servers.
- 17 flavors of Unix.
- A variety of DBMS servers and DB-hosted applications.
- A number of open API, to support integration with new target systems, existing workflow systems, call tracking systems and other I.T. infrastructure.
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com