P-Synch 6.2.4 released
December 30, 2002
More target systems supported, features enhanced
The latest release of P-Synch, announced today by M-Tech, includes support for more target systems, demographic data collection capabilities for user profiles, and enhanced integration and security features.
Following are highlights of the new release:
- Support for new types of passwords, including Oracle Applications, Entrust getAccess, and application passwords on any type of ODBC database.
- Enhanced support for Lotus Notes/Domino passwords and ID files, including better management of ID file repositories, and automatic identification of an appropriate mail server for each user.
- Better support for delegated IDs when managing Windows 2000 AD passwords.
- Tight integration with Netegrity SiteMinder, including the ability to authenticate users through an existig web single sign-on, and the ability to manage SiteMinder credentials.
- Extended notification infrastructure. In total, 105 different events can now trigger e-mails, ticket updates and other actions.
- Enhanced integrations with Clarify eFrontOffice, NAI Magic, FrontRange HEAT and Remedy ARS.
- An integrated facility to effectively and automatically manage the deployment of biometric voice print verification technology.
- A new web services interface simplifies integration with other systems, including third-party IVR servers.
- Simplified mechanism to both lookup and manage personal authentication Q&A and login ID profiles in an existing LDAP directory or DBMS.
- A new ability to collect demographic data from users, in addition to the (existing) ability to collect authentication Q&A.
- Better support for a variety of web browsers, such as IE6SP1, Mozilla and Opera.
- A new capability allowing users to schedule repeated attempts of password resets that failed because of target system outages.
"P-Synch 6.2.4 is the result of our work with numerous enterprise deployments in the past six months," said Idan Shoham, M-Tech CTO. "Our customers needed new features ranging from an XML web service, to integrated registration of biometric samples. 6.2.4 is the result: a shrink-wrapped product that supports dozens of new and important customer requirements for authentication management infrastructure."
For more details about P-Synch 6.2.4, please contact your account representative, or send e-mail to sales@Hitachi-ID.com.
If you are a current P-Synch licensee, please contact your account manager for an upgrade.
M-Tech is a computer security products company. The M-Tech identity management suite streamlines both password management and account provisioning, in addition to improving user self-service, and reducing user support costs. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager improve the security of network systems and lower their operating costs. The M-Tech client list includes top Fortune-500 companies such as Ford Motor Company, Sears Roebuck, AT&T Wireless, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and many more. For more information, please visit: Hitachi-ID.com