M-Tech Releases Powerful New Identity Management Suite
Includes Password Management, Self-Service Provisioning, Account Clean-up, a Sophisticated Workflow Engine and Expanded Integration Capabilities Designed to Provide ROI Within Three to Six Months
Calgary, AB - February 3, 2004 -- M-Tech Information Technology, Inc., a leading provider of identity management solutions, today announced the new release of its M-Tech Identity Management Suite (M-Tech Identity Management Suite) 3.0, an integrated solution for enterprise identity and access management. This new release combines the power of M-Tech's flagship technologies deployed to millions of users, with new features and products such as advanced workflow capabilities, a long-term scheduler and self-service resource provisioning. M-Tech Identity Management Suite allows organizations to efficiently implement user provisioning and password management in a highly secure manner with advanced auditing capabilities across the global enterprise. M-Tech Identity Management Suite provides unique automated identity discovery and reconciliation technologies to ensure rapid deployment, high user adoption rates and consistent delivery of a speedy ROI.
"M-Tech has been quietly and effectively meeting the needs of its large enterprise customers long before the term identity management was coined," said Jim Hurley, vice president of Risk, Security, and Compliance with Aberdeen Group. "The new capabilities in its IDM Suite 3.0 further reinforces M-Tech as a member of an elite group that can deliver the goods."
The foundation of M-Tech Identity Management Suite is ID-Synch for user provisioning and P-Synch for password management. Currently users on over 65 different platforms have implemented ID-Synch and P-Synch to securely organize and manage user identities, increase operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
Two new and innovative products added to the M-Tech Identity Management Suite include ID-Access, a solution for individual users to find, request and obtain access to specific IT resources and Hitachi ID Automated Discovery, a complete automated identity discovery and reconciliation solution.
"Organizations continue to demand a highly integrated approach when adopting an identity management solution in order to improve security, enhance IT efficiencies and drive down operational costs," said Pete Lindstrom, research director, Spire Security. "M-Tech's new IDM suite approach combined with its extensive experience with complex enterprise integrations positions M-Tech as an important player in the identity management marketplace."
M-Tech Identity Management Suite provides organizations with an option to use either role-based or central policy-based provisioning, both with extensive audit, compliance and reporting capabilities. New and enhanced features that help improve security, productivity and reduce costs include:
- User Initiated Access - ID-Access provides end-users with the power to quickly request access to network resources such as directories and applications, through a web-based interface, creating a simple mechanism to foster enterprise wide collaboration.
- Long-Term Scheduler - Authorizers can create or delete individual accounts at scheduled future dates during the initial setup based on a pre-determined termination date. Important for retirees, contractors, temporary employees or students.
- Full Spectrum Delegation - Authorization can be delegated or escalated to an alternate authorizer on a permanent or temporary basis depending on requirements.
- Enhanced Workflow Processes - New functions added to the workflow engine include automatic inclusion of existing organizational chart data from applications such as PeopleSoft and SAP, for automatic or manual delegation and escalation of requests if a timely response is not received.
- Industry's Broadest Range of Platform and Application Support - M-Tech Identity Management Suite is the only solution to provide out-of-the-box support for more than 65 platforms and applications, facilitating easy and rapid deployment. New is support for PeopleSoft, IBM OLAP and Netegrity SiteMinder and others.
- Integrated and Intuitive User Interface - M-Tech Identity Management Suite combines the strengths of several products into a common, intuitive interface that allows users and administrators a streamlined process for staying productive and managing all systems and processes from a single location.
- Seamless Integration - Easily integrates into existing IT infrastructures and simplifies the process of managing user identities through automated processes.
- Advanced Reporting and Auditing Capabilities - Legislation such as Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA require organizations to prove who has accessed which network services and when. The enhanced auditing and reporting capabilities in M-Tech Identity Management Suite detect compliance deviations, assisting in fulfillment of privacy and security requirements.
"The marketplace is clearly moving to an integrated approach for identity management. M-Tech Identity Management Suite addresses this maturation of the market by combining our proven, best-of-breed tools along with new technologies and integrations," said Robert Miller, vice president of marketing at M-Tech. "Our continuing commitment is to ensure customers realize measurable results from their technology investments and to enable organizations to utilize existing infrastructure and address all core identity management issues that they face today."
Pricing and AvailabilityM-Tech Identity Management Suite 3.0 includes P-Synch, ID-Synch, ID-Access and Hitachi ID Automated Discovery and is available immediately. For more information on pricing please contact M-Tech at Hitachi-ID.com or call 1.403.233.0740.
About M-Tech Information Technology, Inc.M-Tech is a leading provider of identity management solutions for the enterprise. The M-Tech Identity Management Suite combines ID-Synch for user provisioning, P-Synch for password management, ID-Access for self-service resource access and Hitachi ID Automated Discovery for account clean-up and reconciliation. Combined, these products offer a comprehensive identity management solution for mid-sized organizations to global enterprises. M-Tech is the only identity management software vendor to consistently prove an ROI in three to six months.
M-Tech's customers include Avon, Bank of America, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cisco, eBay, Ford Motor Company, Intel, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Merck MetLife, NCR Corporation, Pfizer, Pitney Bowes, Sears, Shell, Symantec, Wells Fargo and many more.. For more information on M-Tech and its products, please visit Hitachi-ID.com or call 1.403.233.0740.
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc.
500, 1401 1st Street S.E
Calgary, AB T2G 2J3
1.403.233.0740 ext. 324
©2004 Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Hitachi ID Password Manager (formerly P-Synch) and Hitachi ID Identity Manager are trademarks of Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. in the United States, Canada, and all other countries. All other marks, symbols and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.