Updated Password Management Solution Meets Growing Customer Needs
M-Tech Announces P-Synch 6.4.0, with major enhancements that maximize user adoption, accessibility, security and cost savings
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - November 26, 2007 -M-Tech Information Technology, Inc., the leading provider in identity management software, today announced the release of P-Synch 6.4.0, a new version equipped with important password management features that will elevate user service, strengthen security and substantially lower IT support costs.
"Password management tools provide self-service password reset and password synchronization across a broad range of target systems. These capabilities can reduce help desk calls volumes by more than 80%," according to a November 19th Gartner report by Research Vice President Ant Allan, titled Identity and Access Management Defined, 2008.
P-Synch 6.4.0 now includes:
- New client software, including a "GINA Service" that enables organizations to expose P-Synch user interface elements on the Windows login screen without the risk associated with wrapping or replacing the native Microsoft GINA.
- A Vista credential provider, which allows locked out Vista users access to self-service password reset.
- An entirely new user notification subsystem, designed to invite users to complete their profiles, to notify users of impending password expiration and more. Notification is provided both by personalized e-mails to users and by automatically opening web browser windows when users log onto the network.
- Major scalability improvements, including the ability to change every password for users with up to 2000 login accounts in 15 minutes.
- Many new integrations, including support for Lotus Notes 7, Remedy ARS 7, Axios Assyst 7, RSA Access Manager 6, SSH scripts and more.
"We are happy to have reached this milestone and are confident that -PSYNCH is the leading password management solution, without equal," said Idan Shoham, M-Tech CTO. "Our next step is to work with current and new M-Tech customers to leverage the new capabilities in P-Synch 6.4.0 to maximize user adoption and increase business value from their deployments."
About M-Tech Information Technology, Inc.
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity and access management solutions. Hitachi ID software helps almost 1000 organizations with over 12 million combined users meet security, internal control, regulatory compliance, IT cost reduction and user service objectives.
Hitachi ID Management Suite includes Identity Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager/, Password Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/ and Privileged Access Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/privileged-access-manager/. These products manage identities, entitlements and authentication factors across both on-premise and SaaS applications in the cloud.
Industry analyst Ovum Consulting recently recognized Hitachi ID Systems as an enterprise identity and access management powerhouse, citing the company's robust technology and exemplary customer support. Ovum “believes that Hitachi ID's focus on reducing the administrative and helpdesk burden and the company's focus on bottom-up IAM reflects the way in which organizations operate.”
For more information about Hitachi ID Systems and its products, please visit http://Hitachi-ID.com/ or call 1.403.233.0740.
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc.
500, 1401 1st Street S.E
Calgary, AB T2G 2J3
1.403.233.0740 ext. 324