First authentication management solution, with connectors to both on-premises and cloud-based applications.
Calgary, Canada -- July 28, 2010 -- Hitachi ID Systems, Inc., a leading provider of identity and access management solutions (Hitachi-ID.com), has released Hitachi ID Password Manager 7.0, the market's first true authentication management platform, able to manage any and every authentication factor employed by a corporate user.
Hitachi ID Password Manager 7.0 is a major retooling of the application that provides stronger security, better scalability, enhanced user adoption and improved ROI. It leverages Hitachi ID' latest identity management technology platform, with a SQL Server or Oracle back-end, a real-time data replication service, high performance data updates via stored procedures and Unicode support.
Password Manager 7.0 is the first release where telephone-based password and PIN reset (Hitachi ID Telephone Password Manager) and enterprise single sign-on (Hitachi ID Login Manager) are included in the base product and price.
"Hitachi ID Password Manager 7.0 was designed from the ground up to be the most advanced platform for managing authentication factors," said Idan Shoham, Hitachi ID CTO. "We used our next-generation technology platform to get the best possible scalability, flexibility and reliability. We then added capabilities to support one-stop management of all of a user's authentication factors -- passwords, security questions, OTP tokens, smart cards, voice biometrics, hard disk encryption keys and more."
Password Manager 7.0 introduces a series of significant new features:
- Authentication chains, supporting context-sensitive and multi-step
processes for validating user identity. Examples include:
- Protecting Extranet-facing deployments against attack by robots using CAPTCHAs.
- Leveraging mobile phones as an authentication factor.
- Integrating with consumer authentication services from vendors such as VeriSign or RSA.
- User classes for flexible delegation of security rights. Examples include:
- Regional help desks with local authority to reset passwords.
- Empowering managers to reset passwords for their (direct or indirect) subordinates.
- A password synchronization service on Windows servers, which minimizes the code running in the operating system kernel and supports advanced features such as user filtering and a retry queue.
- Enhancements to the managed user enrollment system, enabling large organizations to control the pace at which users are invited to complete their profiles.
- Many new reports to track user profiles and login accounts, orphan and dormant accounts, enrollment progress and more.
- Official support for Windows 7 clients, including 64-bit versions.
Hitachi ID Password Manager ships with connectors for over 100 types of systems and applications, including common on-premises systems such as Active Directory and SAP and cloud-hosted systems such as Google Applications and WebEx. It also includes integrations with the Windows login process, 10 types of help desk incident management applications, e-mail systems, full disk encryption products and more.
About Hitachi ID Systems, Inc.
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity and access management solutions. Hitachi ID software helps almost 1000 organizations with over 12 million combined users meet security, internal control, regulatory compliance, IT cost reduction and user service objectives.
Hitachi ID Identity and Access Management Suite includes Hitachi ID Identity Manager https://Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager/, Hitachi ID Password Manager https://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/ and Hitachi ID Privileged Access Manager https://Hitachi-ID.com/privileged-access-manager/. These products manage identities, entitlements and authentication factors across both on-premises and SaaS applications in the cloud.
Industry analyst Ovum Consulting recently recognized Hitachi ID Systems as an enterprise identity and access management powerhouse, citing the company's robust technology and exemplary customer support. Ovum “believes that Hitachi ID's focus on reducing the administrative and helpdesk burden and the company's focus on bottom-up IAM reflects the way in which organizations operate.”
For more information about Hitachi ID Systems and its products, please visit https://Hitachi-ID.com/ or call 1.403.233.0740.
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. Contact
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc.
500, 1401 1st Street S.E
Calgary, AB T2G 2J3
1.403.233.0740 ext. 324
Media and analysts please contact:
inmedia Public Relations
Mobile: +1 613 983 3300
inmedia Public Relations
Mobile: +1 902 308 1067
© Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. P-Synch is a trademark of Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. in the United States and Canada. Trade names of other companies used in this announcement are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of those companies.