Job opening - System Administrator / Engineering Systems
System Administrator / Engineering Systems
|Position summary:|| |
Deploy and support IT infrastructure used by the engineering
team at Hitachi ID Systems, including virtualization platforms, build servers,
revision control systems, inter-office code replication, automated
regression testing frameworks, incident and defect management software
and representative systems and applications with which Hitachi ID Systems solutions
- Support the ever-growing needs of developers and testers.
- Deploy and support a wide range of infrastructure.
- Manage systems in both Calgary and Montreal.
- Plan for system growth and migration from old to new servers.
- Ongoing monitoring of system health.
- Troubleshoot and repair service outages.
- Work with a wide variety of systems including:
- Databases (MSSQL, Oracle and more).
- Virtualization: ESXi/vSphere, Xen.
- Windows, Linux and many types of Unix servers.
- Enterprise apps, including SAP and PeopleSoft.
- IT management systems, for example from HP and BMC.
- 3+ years of full-time system administration or similar IT experience.
- Clear verbal and written communication in English.
- A desire to learn about as many systems and platforms as possible.
- Ability to configure and manage:
- Windows servers
- Unix/Linux systems
- IIS or Apache (including writing HTML, CSS)
- Active Directory or LDAP
- MSSQL, Oracle or MySQL (including writing SQL queries)
- Networks (IP routing, TCP filters)
- Competitive pay.
- Extensive medical, dental and vision care plan paid by the employer.
- RRSP plan with matching employer contributions.
- 3 weeks of paid annual vacation (4 weeks at 5 years, 5 weeks at 10).
- Great work environment - informal, social committee, centrally located offices.
- Challenging work with many learning opportunities.
- Opportunities for career development within our company.
Hitachi ID Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com.
Be sure to include both "Job ID 998-02" and "System Administrator / Engineering Systems - Calgary" in the subject line.
For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text
or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also
Qualified applicants will be contacted and screened in a 15 minute
preliminary telephone interview. This may be followed by a technical
test (up to 4 hours) and in-person interview.
Back to main jobs page