This position is to plan, design and implement Hitachi ID Systems solutions in customer environments, world-wide. Hitachi ID Systems software automates business processes and includes a wide range of integrations, from client devices (PCs, BYOD), through servers, applications, web infrastructure, directories, even VPNs, telephony systems and mainframes.
- Initial 1 or 2 week training at head office in Calgary.
- Work from home position, with visit to Calgary one day per week (or one week per month).
- Business-related home expenses paid (phone, internet, travel).
Specific responsibilities include discovering and codifying business policies (as script logic or on-screen policies); implementing integrations with pre-existing systems and applications; mapping data between systems and automating data flows; modifying HTML+CSS+JS user interfaces; reviewing product usability; unit, regression and stress tests; migrations from one product version or one integration to the next and more.
You are an experienced IT expert interested in deploying complex solutions in enterprise scale environments. You have a broad range of technical and organizational skills and want to work with others who are just as smart as you are. You have experience with a wide range of systems and platforms and always want to learn more. You always want to learn more.
Given the multiple and complex integrations, this position requires extensive hands-on skills. Interactions with many customer-side stake-holders calls for clear, effective communication.
Specifically, successful candidates must have:
- 5+ years of full-time work experience managing enterprise-scale systems and/or implementing complex applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to configure and manage most of the following systems:
- Windows servers
- Unix/Linux systems
- IIS or Apache (including writing HTML, CSS)
- Active Directory or LDAP
- MSSQL, Oracle or MySQL (including writing SQL queries)
- Networks (IP routing, TCP filters)
- Ability to write complex scripts (Python, PowerShell, etc.) to codify business logic and automate system management tasks.
- Competitive salary.
- Extensive health benefits paid by the employer.
- RRSP and bonus plans.
- Paid vacation.
- Flexible work hours.
- Informal and rewarding hi tech team work environment.
- Be part of a growing, stable company with a great reputation.
Hitachi ID Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Together we succeed.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 998-12" and "Solutions Architect - Edmonton" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualified applicants will be contacted and screened in a 15 minute preliminary telephone interview. This may be followed by a technical test (up to 4 hours) and in-person interview.