Software Tester + Documentation Writer
Work closely with an integrated team to test the functionality, reliability and performance of Hitachi ID Systems identity and access management software. Spend 20% to 30% of the time updating technical documentation that ships with the product, to describe the deployment, configuration and use of new features.
- Functional verification of new or modified product features.
- Testing integration between Hitachi ID software and third party systems and applications.
- Writing automation scripts for performance and functional/regression/stress testing.
- Creation and execution of test cases.
- Analysis and documentation of test results.
- Documenting product features (installation, configuration, use) using a markup language and screen shots.
- Conduct stress testing and analysis of results.
- Custom fix testing on remote customer environments.
- At least two years experience in software testing, including test case development, reporting and regressing bugs.
- Ability to write clear and concise bug reports.
- Write automation scripts for performance and functional testing.
- Ability to work in a Linux and Windows environment.
- Scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell).
- Ability to configure and manage:
- Ability to work in a Linux environment (build & maintain system)
- Effectively work in CLI in Linux and Windows
- IIS or Apache (including writing HTML, CSS)
- Active Directory or LDAP
- MSSQL or Oracle (including writing SQL queries)
- Networking (DNS, subnets, LAN setup)
- Enterprise Messaging: Exchange, Notes, Office365.
- Virtualization Tools: Vmware, Virtualbox, Xen.
- Familiarity with the following will be an asset:
- LaTeX (document typesetting).
- Watir (ruby based automation tool).
- Windows Tools: performance monitor, resource monitor, task manager, event viewer etc.
- Windows Debugging Tool utilities: gflags.exe, windbg.exe, umdh.exe etc.
- SysInternal utilities: process explorer, process monitor, RAMMap etc.
- Competitive pay.
- Challenging work with many learning opportunities.
- Opportunities for career development within our company.
Hitachi ID Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 998-17" and "Software Tester + Documentation Writer - Sunshine Coast" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualified applicants will be contacted and screened in a 15 minute preliminary telephone interview. This may be followed by a technical test (up to 4 hours) and in-person interview.