O.S. Internals and Browser Extension C++ Developer
Develop and maintain software to interface with and extend client operating systems and web browsers. Applications will add user interface elements to login screens, monitor user input and inject credentials into login dialogs, launch VPN connections, update locally cached credentials and more.
The successful candidate will:
- Design, prototype and develop code that extends Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Write browser extensions for IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome.
- Integrate with network stacks locally and web services remotely.
- Work closely with a multi-disciplinary team, including QA, implementation services and customer support.
- Collaborate with a team of expert developers using Git, Jenkins, a ticket system, release management processes, etc.
A successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals and relevant platform APIs.
- Familiarity with web browsers, DOM model and browser extensions.
- Programming experience with C/C++ (Java, Swift or Objective-C an asset).
- Troubleshooting complex issues, sometimes involving undocumented platform behaviour.
- Effective oral and written communication in English.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. is required, preferably in software engineering, computer science or a related discipline.
Additional skills that would be helpful:
- Knowledge of OS internals for:
- Worked on large scale development projects, in a team, with tight deadlines.
- Experience and interest in writing software that interfaces with heterogeneous systems and applications.
- Competitive salary.
- Extensive health benefits paid by the employer.
- RRSP and bonus plans.
- Paid vacation.
- Flexible work hours.
- Informal and rewarding work environment staffed with IT experts.
- Be part of a growing, stable company with a great reputation.
Hitachi ID Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Together we succeed.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 998-43" in the subject line. E-mails that do not include this will not be delivered to the appropriate person. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualified applicants will be contacted and screened in a 15 minute preliminary telephone interview. This may be followed by a technical test (up to 4 hours) and in-person interview.