QA Software Tester
Quality assurance responsible for verifying that our product meets clients’ needs and specifications. Candidates will test product functionality, usability, performance and look for deficiencies and improvements.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform exploratory black-box tests on the products and find defects in the product.
- Ensure the product is easy to use while satisfying customer requirements.
- Perform integration testing with other software in various environments.
- Create test environments in a virtual environment.
- Create detailed bug reports.
- Create, execute and document results for use cases and test cases.
- Confirm functionality of features.
- Perform tests on the various components of the product.
A successful candidate must have:
- At least 3-5 years experience in software testing.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Experience in creating and executing test plans.
- Experience in creation of test environments and data.
- Ability to work in Windows environments with experience in Linux environments being an asset.
- Ability to work in and manage virtual environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English.
- Familiarity with command-line interfaces.
- Experience in configuring and operating AD and/or LDAP directories and web services such as IIS. Experience with Apache will be an asset.
Additional skills that would be considered an asset:
- Familiarity with Python and other scripting languages.
- Good working knowledge of hypervisors, including VMWare, Xen and AWS (IaaS).
- Experience with relational databases, in particular Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with HP LoadRunner for automation.
- Experience with Git.
- Understanding of web services and networking.
- Experience in writing in LaTex.
- Competitive salary.
- Extensive health benefits paid by the employer.
- RRSP and bonus plans.
- Paid vacation.
- Flexible work hours.
- Informal and rewarding work environment staffed with IT experts.
- Be part of a growing, stable company with a great reputation.
Hitachi ID Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Together we succeed.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 998-73" in the subject line. E-mails that do not include this will not be delivered to the appropriate person. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualified applicants will be contacted and screened in a 15 minute preliminary telephone interview. This may be followed by a technical test (up to 4 hours) and in-person interview.