QA Software Tester
Quality assurance tester is responsible for verifying that our product meets clients’ needs and specifications. Candidates will test product functionality, usability, performance and look for deficiencies and improvements.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform exploratory black-box tests on the products and find defects in the product.
- Review user interfaces for ease of use and navigability.
- Perform integration testing with third party hardware, software and services.
- Create test environments on VMs.
- Write detailed bug reports.
- Create use cases / test cases, execute and document results.
- Organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Validate feature functionality and performance.
- Perform performance and stress tests and analyze results.
A successful candidate must have:
- At least 2-3 years experience in software testing.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Experience in creating and executing test cases and test plans.
- Experience in building test environments and generating test data sets.
- Scripting or programming knowledge, preferably Python experience.
- Ability to work in Windows and Linux environments.
- Familiarity with popular hypervisors (VMWare, Xen, AWS, etc.).
- Effective verbal and written communication in English.
- Comfortable working in a command-line interface (CLI) environment -- not just GUIs and web UIs.
Additional skills that would be considered an asset:
- Familiarity with directories (AD, LDAP).
- Familiarity with web server configuration and operation (Apache, IIS).
- Familiarity with other scripting languages.
- Experience with relational databases, in particular Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with HP LoadRunner for automation.
- Experience with Git.
- Understanding of web services and networking.
- Experience in writing in LaTex.
- Competitive salary.
- Extensive health benefits paid by the employer.
- RRSP and bonus plans.
- Paid vacation.
- Flexible work hours.
- Informal and rewarding work environment staffed with IT experts.
- Be part of a growing, stable company with a great reputation.
Hitachi ID Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Together we succeed.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 998-73" in the subject line. E-mails that do not include this will not be delivered to the appropriate person. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualified applicants will be contacted and screened in a 15 minute preliminary telephone interview. This may be followed by a technical test (up to 4 hours) and in-person interview.