Note: this position is still open, as of Tuesday, May 21, 2013 .
Software Developer Internship
Job ID: 999-02
About the Company:
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity and access management solutions. Hitachi ID software helps almost 1000 organizations with over 12 million combined users meet security, internal control, regulatory compliance, IT cost reduction and user service objectives.
Hitachi ID Management Suite includes Identity Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager/, Password Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/ and Privileged Access Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/privileged-access-manager/. These products manage identities, entitlements and authentication factors across both on-premise and SaaS applications in the cloud.
Industry analyst Ovum Consulting recently recognized Hitachi ID Systems as an enterprise identity and access management powerhouse, citing the company's robust technology and exemplary customer support. Ovum “believes that Hitachi ID's focus on reducing the administrative and helpdesk burden and the company's focus on bottom-up IAM reflects the way in which organizations operate.”
For more information about Hitachi ID Systems and its products, please visit http://Hitachi-ID.com/ or call 1.403.233.0740.
The successful candidate will be working closely as part of an integrated team to develop and support enterprise identity management software.
- Writing, maintaining, and fixing software defects.
- Writing, maintaining, and fixing defects in test automation scripts.
- Interact effectively with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Respect and commit to all project schedules.
- Stay current with technology trends in web and mobile application development.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Currently working towards a B.Sc in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Programming experience with C/C++ (Java and/or C# an asset).
- Programming experience with SQL (Oracle and/or MS SQL).
- Programming experience with Windows.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Have worked on large scale development projects with tight deadlines.
- Wrote software to interface with a wide variety of systems and applications.
- Knowledge of other web programming languages such as Ruby, Perl, PHP, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux / UNIX / android and / or iOS.
- Have a keen interest in programming and supporting complex systems.
- Have experience with a source code revision control system.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Successful applicants will be contacted within two weeks for a short phone interview. Further information about the selection process will be given at that time.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 999-02" and "Software Developer Internship" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.