Software Tester (Quality Assurance) Internship
The successful candidate will be working closely with experienced testers as part of an integrated team in testing the functionality and usability of Hitachi ID Systems software products. The incumbent will be engaged in an environment that utilizes both Linux and Windows servers.
Length of Internship 8, 12 or 16 month opportunities are available.
Hitachi ID Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
- Functional verification of new or modified product features.
- Testing integration between Hitachi ID Systems software and third party systems and applications.
- Writing automation scripts for performance and functional/regression testing.
- Creation and execution of test cases.
- Analysis and documentation of test results.
- Documenting product features (installation, configuration, use) using a markup language and screen shots.
Completion of 3rd year in Computer Science or Software Engineering program.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of commercial web applications testing exposure to test case development, reporting and regressing bugs.
- Ability to clearly communicate both written and verbal.
- Ability to write clear and concise bug reports.
- Ability to work in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with a command-line interface.
- Knowledge of scripting or programming languages.
- An understanding of web servers and HTM.
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Willingness to learn/high energy.
- Follow instructions with minimal supervision.
Candidates must have previous software testing experience with at least three of the following:
- System administration.
- Software development.
- Active Directory.
- Unix/Linux server exposure.
- SQL-based DBMS server. (Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase)
- IIS or Apache.
- Web application deployment.
- Load & Performance Testing.
- Lotus Notes/Domino.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 999-29" and "Software Tester (Quality Assurance) Internship - Calgary" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualifying applicants will be contacted within two weeks