Note: this position is still open, as of Tuesday, May 21, 2013 .
Software Tester (Quality Assurance) Internship
Job ID: 999-29
About the Company:
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity and access management solutions. Hitachi ID software helps almost 1000 organizations with over 12 million combined users meet security, internal control, regulatory compliance, IT cost reduction and user service objectives.
Hitachi ID Management Suite includes Identity Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager/, Password Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/ and Privileged Access Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/privileged-access-manager/. These products manage identities, entitlements and authentication factors across both on-premise and SaaS applications in the cloud.
Industry analyst Ovum Consulting recently recognized Hitachi ID Systems as an enterprise identity and access management powerhouse, citing the company's robust technology and exemplary customer support. Ovum “believes that Hitachi ID's focus on reducing the administrative and helpdesk burden and the company's focus on bottom-up IAM reflects the way in which organizations operate.”
For more information about Hitachi ID Systems and its products, please visit http://Hitachi-ID.com/ or call 1.403.233.0740.
The successful candidate will be working closely with experienced testers as part of an integrated team in testing the functionality and usability of Hitachi ID Systems software products. The incumbent will be engaged in an environment that utilizes both Linux and Windows servers.
Length of Internship 8,12 or 16 month opportunities are available.
Completion of 3rd year in Computer Science or Software Engineering program Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of commercial web applications testing exposure to test case development, reporting and regressing bugs
- Ability to clearly communicate both written and verbal
- Ability to write clear and concise bug reports
- Ability to work in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with a command-line interface
- Knowledge of scripting or programming languages
- An understanding of web servers and HTM
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Willingness to learn/high energy
- Follow instructions with minimal supervision
- System administration
- Software development
- Active Directory
- Unix/Linux server exposure
- SQL-based DBMS server (Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase)
- IIS or Apache
- Web application deployment
- Load & Performance Testing
- Lotus Notes/Domino
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Qualifying applicants will be contacted within two weeks
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 999-29" and "Software Tester (Quality Assurance) Internship" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.