Note: this position is still open, as of Friday, May 24, 2013 .
User Interface Software Developer
Job ID: 999-55
About the Company:
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity and access management solutions. Hitachi ID software helps almost 1000 organizations with over 12 million combined users meet security, internal control, regulatory compliance, IT cost reduction and user service objectives.
Hitachi ID Management Suite includes Identity Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager/, Password Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/ and Privileged Access Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/privileged-access-manager/. These products manage identities, entitlements and authentication factors across both on-premise and SaaS applications in the cloud.
Industry analyst Ovum Consulting recently recognized Hitachi ID Systems as an enterprise identity and access management powerhouse, citing the company's robust technology and exemplary customer support. Ovum “believes that Hitachi ID's focus on reducing the administrative and helpdesk burden and the company's focus on bottom-up IAM reflects the way in which organizations operate.”
For more information about Hitachi ID Systems and its products, please visit http://Hitachi-ID.com/ or call 1.403.233.0740.
The successful candidate will be working closely as part of an integrated team to develop and support enterprise identity management software.
- Design, prototype, and develop highly usable interfaces using various web technologies and programming languages.
- Working closely with quality assurance staff to automate testing and fix defects.
- Interact effectively with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Respect and commit to all project schedules.
- Stay current with technology trends in web development.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Programming experience with C/C++ (Java and/or C# an asset).
- Programming experience with SQL (Oracle and/or MS SQL).
- Programming experience with Windows.
- Troubleshooting complex customer-reported issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Worked on large scale development projects with tight deadlines.
- Wrote software to interface with a wide variety of systems and applications.
- Knowledge of other web programming languages such as Ruby, Perl, PHP, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux / UNIX / android and / or iOS.
- DBA knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL.
- Windows system internals
- Extended medical, dental and vision care plan paid by the employer.
- RRSP plan with employer contributions.
- 3 weeks of paid annual vacation. (4 weeks at 5 years, 5 weeks at 10 years)
- Social committee.
- Challenging work, opportunity to learn .. a lot.
- Great work environment.
- Training and experience to pursue internal career development.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Successful applicants will be contacted within two weeks for a short phone interview. Further information about the selection process will be given at that time.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 999-55" and "User Interface Software Developer" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.