Note: this position is still open, as of Thursday, February 14, 2013 .
QA Test Automation Developer
Job ID: 999-72
About the Company:
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity and access management solutions. Hitachi ID software helps almost 1000 organizations with over 12 million combined users meet security, internal control, regulatory compliance, IT cost reduction and user service objectives.
Hitachi ID Management Suite includes Identity Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager/, Password Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/ and Privileged Access Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/privileged-access-manager/. These products manage identities, entitlements and authentication factors across both on-premise and SaaS applications in the cloud.
Industry analyst Ovum Consulting recently recognized Hitachi ID Systems as an enterprise identity and access management powerhouse, citing the company's robust technology and exemplary customer support. Ovum “believes that Hitachi ID's focus on reducing the administrative and helpdesk burden and the company's focus on bottom-up IAM reflects the way in which organizations operate.”
For more information about Hitachi ID Systems and its products, please visit http://Hitachi-ID.com/ or call 1.403.233.0740.
The successful candidate will work as part of an integrated team to extend and enhance the existing test automation framework.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Strong programing skills, with expertise in Perl
- Experience in designing, deploying and supporting automated tests
- Ability to work in both Linux and Windows environments
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to take direction from team leads
- A strong understanding of web-based applications
- Good working knowledge of VMWare technologies
- Experience with enterprise relational database systems (Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server).
- Familiarity with the Windows command-line
University degree/diploma in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience in Information Technology).
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing and maintaining our in-house test automation framework
- Writing automation scripts for performance and functional testing
- Designing, implementing, and documenting deliverables (such as test cases and test data)
- Creating and tracking metrics that illustrate test coverage and ROI
- Training and mentoring other staff
- Extended medical, dental and vision care plan paid by the employer.
- RRSP plan with employer contributions.
- 3 weeks of paid annual vacation. (4 weeks at 5 years, 5 weeks at 10 years)
- Social committee.
- Challenging work, opportunity to learn .. a lot.
- Great work environment.
- Training and experience to pursue internal career development.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Qualifying applicants will be contacted within two weeks for a preliminary phone interview. Successful applicants will be invited to return for a second interview and a skills evaluation.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 999-72" and "QA Test Automation Developer" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.