Note: this position is still open, as of Friday, May 17, 2013 .
Hitachi ID Systems Partner Technical Specialist at HDS - USA
Job ID: 999-89
About the Company:
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity and access management solutions. Hitachi ID software helps almost 1000 organizations with over 12 million combined users meet security, internal control, regulatory compliance, IT cost reduction and user service objectives.
Hitachi ID Management Suite includes Identity Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager/, Password Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/ and Privileged Access Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/privileged-access-manager/. These products manage identities, entitlements and authentication factors across both on-premise and SaaS applications in the cloud.
Industry analyst Ovum Consulting recently recognized Hitachi ID Systems as an enterprise identity and access management powerhouse, citing the company's robust technology and exemplary customer support. Ovum “believes that Hitachi ID's focus on reducing the administrative and helpdesk burden and the company's focus on bottom-up IAM reflects the way in which organizations operate.”
For more information about Hitachi ID Systems and its products, please visit http://Hitachi-ID.com/ or call 1.403.233.0740.
The objective of this position is to generate revenue through collaboration by the sales teams at Hitachi ID and Hitachi Data Systems (HDS). You will introduce the HDS sales team (Sales Managers, Account Executives, and Sales Engineers) to the Hitachi ID value proposition and have detailed technical discussions on Hitachi ID’s solutions, integrations, and business processes with the HDS sales team and current and prospective HDS customers.
The successful candidate will start as a full-time contractor at Hitachi ID Systems for 30 to 90 days. During this contracting period, the candidate will receive extensive training on Hitachi ID Systems solutions, the identity and access management market, and both Hitachi ID and HDS tools and sales methodology. Once the initial training is successfully completed, the contractor will join the HDS team as a regular full-time employee and transition to the responsibilities outlined below. The candidate will report to the Partner Manager at HDS with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Hitachi ID Systems Director of Channels & Alliances.
As a member of the global Hitachi family, you will receive competitive pay, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities. HDS and Hitachi ID Systems are both equal opportunity employers.
- Visit HDS district offices as often as feasible to give presentations and demonstrations focusing on customer pain points and product capabilities.
- Collaborate with Hitachi ID Systems Enablement Specialist at HDS on awareness campaigns for the HDS sales teams.
- Join HDS Account Executives and Sales Engineers in introduction and pre-qualification discussions with HDS customers and prospects when necessary.
- Work with the HDS sales team to actively prospect for and qualify new leads at current and prospective HDS customers.
The successful candidate must have:
- A college or university degree in related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in, supporting or selling IT solutions to large organizations.
- Clear understanding of the enterprise IT technology landscape.
- Familiarity with the management of Windows and Unix/Linux systems as well as web and directory services.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel approximately 40% of the time.
- Experience with designing, deploying, supporting or selling identity and access management systems is a definite asset.
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, LA and other major metro areas in the USA and Western Europe.
Qualified candidates will be contacted within two weeks.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 999-89" and "Hitachi ID Systems Partner Technical Specialist at HDS - USA" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.