Mobile Application Developer
Job ID: 999-91
About the Company:
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity and access management solutions. Hitachi ID software helps almost 1000 organizations with over 12 million combined users meet security, internal control, regulatory compliance, IT cost reduction and user service objectives.
Hitachi ID Management Suite includes Identity Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager/, Password Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/ and Privileged Access Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/privileged-access-manager/. These products manage identities, entitlements and authentication factors across both on-premise and SaaS applications in the cloud.
Industry analyst Ovum Consulting recently recognized Hitachi ID Systems as an enterprise identity and access management powerhouse, citing the company's robust technology and exemplary customer support. Ovum “believes that Hitachi ID's focus on reducing the administrative and helpdesk burden and the company's focus on bottom-up IAM reflects the way in which organizations operate.”
For more information about Hitachi ID Systems and its products, please visit http://Hitachi-ID.com/ or call 1.403.233.0740.
Participate in an integrated team that includes developers and testers, on both mobile and server platforms, to develop and test mobile applications that integrate with enterprise identity management software.
- Design, prototype, develop and test apps for Android and iOS, including native UI, native API integration and web services integration.
- Paticipate in code reviews, manual testing and test automation development and operation.
- Participate in planning, including effort estimates, work plans, requirements gathering, UI mockups, etc.
Candidates must have experience developing and deploying mobile applications on iOS and/or Android, including native UI, API/SDK and web services integration. A strong understanding of web standards (HTML, SOAP, etc.), networking (TCP/IP, etc.) and security are required.
- Understands mobile software performance and security.
- Optimizes the user interface for small screens and busy environments.
- Understands the importance of user interaction and user Interface 'appeal'.
- Strong development skills, including:
- Java, and/or C++, and/or Objective C.
- Experience using platform frameworks (e.g. iPhone: CoreLocation, CoreData, UIKit; Android Activities, Services, Intent)
- Experience with interfacing mobile apps to web services.
- Experience in caching and securing cached data.
- Experience developing and deploying nontrivial applications to Android and/or iOS, including publishing to the respective “markets.”
- A minimum of 2 years experience developing web apps.
- Experience with native, system-level Android and iOS APIs (e.g., service management, key storage, etc.)
- The ability to communicate clearly (spoken & written) in English is required to communicate with an English-language team spread across Calgary, Montreal and US locations.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc., preferably in Software Engineering or Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Extended medical, dental and vision care plan paid by the employer.
- RRSP plan with employer contributions.
- 3 weeks of paid annual vacation. (4 weeks at 5 years, 5 weeks at 10 years)
- Social committee.
- Challenging work, opportunity to learn .. a lot.
- Great work environment.
- Training and experience to pursue internal career development.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Successful applicants will be contacted within two weeks for a short phone interview. Further information about the selection process will be given at that time.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 999-91" and "Mobile Application Developer" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.