Note: this position is still open, as of Friday, May 24, 2013 .
Senior Software Tester
Job ID: 999-95
About the Company:
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity and access management solutions. Hitachi ID software helps almost 1000 organizations with over 12 million combined users meet security, internal control, regulatory compliance, IT cost reduction and user service objectives.
Hitachi ID Management Suite includes Identity Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager/, Password Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/ and Privileged Access Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/privileged-access-manager/. These products manage identities, entitlements and authentication factors across both on-premise and SaaS applications in the cloud.
Industry analyst Ovum Consulting recently recognized Hitachi ID Systems as an enterprise identity and access management powerhouse, citing the company's robust technology and exemplary customer support. Ovum “believes that Hitachi ID's focus on reducing the administrative and helpdesk burden and the company's focus on bottom-up IAM reflects the way in which organizations operate.”
For more information about Hitachi ID Systems and its products, please visit http://Hitachi-ID.com/ or call 1.403.233.0740.
The successful candidate will be working closely as part of an integrated team in testing the functionality, reliability and performance of our Product Suite. In addition, successful applicants will create/edit technical documentation at least 20-30% of the time.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- At least 6-8 years of experience in software testing including test case development, reporting and regressing bugs
- Ability to mentor/lead a small team with at least 2 years of experience managing a team
- Ability to write clear and concise bug reports
- Write automation scripts for performance and functional testing
- Ability to work in a Linux and Windows environment
- Familiarity with a command-line interface
- An understanding of web servers
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with documenting complex technical process including APIs
Experience with the following systems would be beneficial:
- Active Directory, LDAP, IIS, Lotus Notes/Domino, Apache, SQL or Oracle server administration
- Leading a test project
- Functional verification of identity management application, including integration with various target systems
- Writing automation scripts for performance and functional testing
- Creation and execution of test cases
- Analysis & Documentation of test results
Familiarity with the following will be an asset:
- Technical Documentation of software for System Administrators
- Extended medical, dental and vision care plan paid by the employer.
- RRSP plan with employer contributions.
- 3 weeks of paid annual vacation. (4 weeks at 5 years, 5 weeks at 10 years)
- Social committee.
- Challenging work, opportunity to learn .. a lot.
- Great work environment.
- Training and experience to pursue internal career development.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Qualifying applicants will be contacted within two weeks for a preliminary phone interview. Successful applicants will be invited to return for a second interview and a skills evaluation.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 999-95" and "Senior Software Tester" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
- No phone calls please.
- Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Position closes when suitable candidate is found.