Note: this position is still open, as of Friday, May 24, 2013 .
Linux System Administrator
Job ID: 999-99
About the Company:
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity and access management solutions. Hitachi ID software helps almost 1000 organizations with over 12 million combined users meet security, internal control, regulatory compliance, IT cost reduction and user service objectives.
Hitachi ID Management Suite includes Identity Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager/, Password Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/ and Privileged Access Manager http://Hitachi-ID.com/privileged-access-manager/. These products manage identities, entitlements and authentication factors across both on-premise and SaaS applications in the cloud.
Industry analyst Ovum Consulting recently recognized Hitachi ID Systems as an enterprise identity and access management powerhouse, citing the company's robust technology and exemplary customer support. Ovum “believes that Hitachi ID's focus on reducing the administrative and helpdesk burden and the company's focus on bottom-up IAM reflects the way in which organizations operate.”
For more information about Hitachi ID Systems and its products, please visit http://Hitachi-ID.com/ or call 1.403.233.0740.
The successful candidate will be working as a System Administrator within the IT department providing support for Linux and Windows desktop and server systems.
- Experience with Linux cmd line system administration.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Windows 7, XP, 2003, 2008 systems.
- Detailed knowledge of tcp/ip networking and administration of smtp, dns, www, and imap services.
- Experience administering Asterisk PBX.
- Excellent troubleshooting and multitasking abilities.
- Virtualization: VMware, XEN, Virtualbox, Openstack.
- Detailed knowledge of PC hardware including building, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Demonstrable scripting efficiency using Perl, Python, PHP, or Ruby.
- Willingness to learn and be part of an exciting team.
- Extended medical, dental and vision care plan paid by the employer.
- RRSP plan with employer contributions.
- 3 weeks of paid annual vacation. (4 weeks at 5 years, 5 weeks at 10 years)
- Social committee.
- Challenging work, opportunity to learn .. a lot.
- Great work environment.
- Training and experience to pursue internal career development.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Qualified candidates will be contacted within two weeks and invited to our offices for an interview.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 999-99" and "Linux System Administrator" in the subject line. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.