Over the years, password management software has evolved from a simple self-service web application to reset forgotten passwords to a complex platform for managing multiple authentication factors and encryption keys.
This document describes the technological evolution and highlights the product capabilities that organizations should consider in order to have a lasting value from their investment.
In part, this document questions the benefits of investing in point solutions with limited functionality and expansion capabilities and in favor of investing in a platform capable of addressing both short- and long-term needs.
- In the Beginning: A Simple Problem
- Proliferation of Passwords
- Locked-out Users, Mobile Users and Cached Passwords
- Multi-Factor Authentication: Smart Cards and Tokens
- Public Key Infrastructure and Encrypted Key Files
- Full Disk Encryption
- User Enrollment and Adoption
- Privileged Accounts and Passwords
- The Future
Access to this document requires registration. Please fill in the form below. The full document will be emailed to you automatically.