Role Based Access Control - Overview
This document is intended to introduce readers to role based access control
(RBAC), as applied to large numbers of users and multiple IT systems. It is
organized into five distinct parts:
- Development of RBAC concepts from a simple model to a complex
but realistic privilege management infrastructure.
- Business drivers to motivate organizations to use
an RBAC system to manage security privileges.
- Process for deploying RBAC into an organization.
- Maintenance tasks for keeping a deployed RBAC system functioning smoothly.
- Organizational impact of the deployment project and of the running
Access to this document requires registration. Please fill in the
form below. The full document will be e-mailed to you automatically.