Definition of Secure Kiosk Account (SKA)
A Secure Kiosk Account (SKA) is a specially constructed and locked down network operating system login account. It is typically used to allow users who forgot or otherwise disabled their network login password to gain access to a self-service password reset facility.
Some characteristics of an SKA include:
- An easy-to-remember name, such as help.
- A blank or trivial password.
- A security policy which prevents access to most or all network resources and services.
- A security policy which prevents access to most or all workstation resources and services.
- A security policy which replaces the default workstation user interface shell with a program that provides access to just the self-service password reset facility.
- Specialized software to further enforce the policies described above.