Hitachi ID Group Manager Business Case
The challenge: managing thousands of AD security groups
In many organizations, there are more Active Directory groups than there are users. Management of membership in these groups can be a major problem:
- There is a high volume of change requests and
- Users are unfamiliar with groups and instead call the help desk complaining about "access denied" errors.
Group membership management is time consuming:
- Help desk calls are escalated to a security team.
- Security analysts must:
- Locate the object which a user tried to access.
- Find a group with suitable privileges.
- Locate the group's owner and ask for permission to add the user.
The solution: self-service group management with Hitachi ID Group Manager
Group Manager improves security by ensuring that changes to membership in security groups are properly authorized before being implemented.
Group Manager reduces the cost of IT support by moving requests and authorization for changes to group membership out of IT, to the community of business users.
Group Manager streamlines service delivery regarding the management of membership in security groups by making it easier for users to submit clear and appropriate change requests and automatically routing those requests to the right authorizers. This makes the request process painless and the approvals process fast.