Hitachi ID Identity Manager is an integrated solution for managing identities and security entitlements across multiple systems and applications. Organizations depend on Identity Manager to ensure that users get security entitlements quickly, are always assigned entitlements appropriate to their needs and in compliance with policy and are deactivated reliably and completely when they leave the organization.
Identity Manager implements the following business processes to drive changes to users and entitlements on systems and applications:
- Automation: grant or revoke access based on data feeds.
- Synchronization: keep identity attributes consistent across applications.
- Self-service: empower users to update their own profiles.
- Delegated administration: allow business stake-holders to request changes directly.
- Certification: invite managers and application owners to review and correct entitlements.
- Workflow: invite business stake-holders to approve or deny requested changes.
Users have too many login IDs. A typical user in a large organization may sign into 10 to 20 internal systems. This complexity creates real business problems:
- Redundant and expensive onboarding processes.
- Slow and unreliable access deactivation.
- Users with inappropriate security entitlements, who may be able to intentionally or accidentally harm the organization.
These problems lead to high IT support costs, poor user service and security vulnerabilities, in some cases violating regulatory requirements.
Identity Manager manages the lifecycles of identities and entitlements. It includes:
- Automated updates driven by a system of record.
- A request portal.
- A workflow engine to invite people to approve requests, certify access or complete tasks.
- Access certification processes.
- Policy engines to enforce a variety of types of rules.
- Reports, dashboards and analytics.
- Automated connectors and human implementers.
- Unified management of logical access and physical assets.
- Identity synchronization.
Identity Manager includes connectors to manage users and entitlements on over 120 kinds of systems and applications, on-premise and in the cloud.
These capabilities are accessed via a web portal, compatible with both full-screen browsers (PC, tablet) and smart-phones (via mobile app).