Identity Management Best Practices
- Standard IAM Business Processes: Corporate / Intranet Deployment:
Best practices for managing users, identity attributes and entitlements in a typical corporate environment.
- Standard IAM Business Processes: B2B / Partner Portal:
Best practices for managing users, identity attributes and entitlements in a typical Extranet partner portal.
- Standard IAM Business Processes: B2C / Customer Portal:
Best practices for managing users, identity attributes and entitlements in a typical Extranet customer portal.
- Best Practices for Identity and Access Management:
Best practices for managing identities and entitlements using automation, self-service and policies.
- Best Practices for Role Lifecycle Management:
Best practices for analyzing entitlements, defining roles and user classes, and managing both of these artifacts over their life cycles.
- Reasons to Deploy Password Management before User Provisioning:
Password management and user provisioning are fundamental components of an identity management solution. This document explains why password management is and normally should be deployed first.
- Approaches to Enterprise Identity Management: Best of Breed vs. Suites:
A comparison of suite and best-of-breed approaches to enterprise identity management.
- Intersection of IAM and Cloud Computing:
A comprehensive analysis of all the ways that Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions can be run in and integrate with cloud computing systems. Both cloud computing and IAM are relatively new, so the first part of this document defines key concepts and terminology. Next, assumptions that clarify the scope of this document in terms of network topology and functionality are presented and finally a comprehensive list of architectural scenarios are presented, along with an analysis of the costs, risks and benefits of each scenario.
- Best Practices for Managing User Identifiers:
Best practices for assigning and managing unique identifiers to the users of computer systems in medium to large organizations.