Small, one-platform solutions
- Many vendors are creating "silo" solutions to streamline support for their own products.
- RSA: including self-service PIN reset with token system.
- McAfee: including self-service HDD key recovery with SafeBoot.
- Smart card vendors: getting into PIN reset too.
- Quest, Namescape, many IVR vendors and some help desk vendors and probably many others make AD-only SSPR systems.
- The whole point of identity management systems is to eliminate "security in a silo" solutions!
- Enterprises don't want users to enroll 3 or 4 different profiles of security questions, or to support multiple infrastructures.
- What's needed is a consolidated, enterprise-class system to manage all authentication factors.