Small, one-platform solutions
- Many vendors are creating "silo" solutions to streamline support
for their own products.
- RSA: including self-service PIN reset with token system.
- McAfee: including self-service HDD key recovery with SafeBoot.
- Smart card vendors: getting into PIN reset too.
- Quest, Namescape, many IVR vendors and some help desk vendors and
probably many others make AD-only SSPR systems.
- The whole point of identity management systems is to eliminate
"security in a silo" solutions!
- Enterprises don't want users to enroll 3 or 4 different profiles
of security questions, or to support multiple infrastructures.
- What's needed is a consolidated, enterprise-class
system to manage all authentication factors.