- Most of these processes depend on user cooperation:
- Enrollment: typically to populate answers to security questions.
- Self-service: rather than calling the help desk.
- Users will not volunteer to do either.
- To get user adoption, we need a combination of things:
- Frequent reminders.
- Accessible UI (e.g., available when needed).
- Hard to miss UI (e.g., access from login prompt, portal, etc.).
- User friendly UI (e.g., no training required).
- A carrot (e.g., synchronized passwords; dinner for 2).
- A stick (e.g., slow response if you call the help desk).
- It helps if some of these things are built right into the authentication