Login Manager Operation
- Users log into their workstation as before, using their
network login ID and password.
- Login Manager installs a network provider, which picks up the
user's primary ID and password.
- Login Manager monitors the applications that a user launches, watching
for instances where the user retypes the primary ID and password.
- Login Manager stores the locations where the user reused his/her primary
ID or password.
- When a familiar authentication prompt reappears, Login Manager automatically
fills in the ID and/or password.
- Login Manager can read login ID aliases from an AD attribute at
login time, eliminating the need to synchronize login IDs.