Willingness: motivate users to comply
- Users will only change their behavior if they have a good reason to do so.
- Prizes, contests to get users enrolled.
- Improved user service -- e.g., easier to fix a password problem.
- Fewer passwords to manage -- e.g., synchronized.
- Make security question enrollment a routine part of performance reviews.
- After self-service is available, make password-support calls take longer at the help desk.
- Charge-back for assisted service, but not for self-service.
- Always explain why the process is changing:
- "We are automating password resets, so that they are easier to do and available 24x7. Here's what you'll have to do..."