- Users have too many passwords:
- On different systems,
- with different policies,
- expiring at different times.
- Complexity leads users to do bad things:
- Write down passwords ("sticky notes").
- Forget/lock out passwords and call the help desk.
- Reuse old passwords.
- Password synchronization pushes password updates
from one system to another:
- Multiple physical passwords.
- Same value everywhere.
- Password synchronization allows users to:
- Remember a single password value.
- Manage it on a single schedule.
- Comply with a single password policy.