- Users log into their workstation as before, using their network login ID and password.
- Hitachi ID Login Manager installs a network provider, which picks up the user's primary ID and password.
- HiLM monitors the applications that a user launches, watching for instances where the user retypes the primary ID and password.
- HiLM stores the locations where the user reused his/her primary ID or password.
- When a familiar authentication prompt reappears, HiLM automatically fills in the ID and/or password.
- HiLM can read login ID aliases from an AD attribute at login time, eliminating the need to synchronize login IDs.