Effective IAM Projects
Change Management: The Human Factor
- Identity and access management can be political:
- There are lots of stake-holders: application owners,
security administrators, the help desk, audit,
network operations, etc.
- It's hard to get lots of people to agree on anything.
- Executive sponsorship is essential to drive consensus.
- The user community must be involved:
- Needs analysis.
- User training and awareness.
- Incentives and dis-incentives.
- This is more about business process than technology:
- How does your organization onboard new hires? manage change?
- Business logic must capture authorization, login ID allocation,