Platform changes from 6.x
- Password synchronization trigger:
- Used to run 100% as a DLL in Kernel-space on Windows servers.
- Now a service offloads much of the work.
- Less code running in the kernel.
- New features: user filtering, queue/retry.
- Logging subsystem:
- Individual log files are gone.
- High performance, consolidated logging system added.
- Easier to plug into SIEM, syslog, etc.
- Search/examine from web UI.
- Continuous operation:
- No more brief outage to merge databases nightly.
- Helpful for truly global organizations.
- Multiple password policies (per system/group).