- X days before the scheduled deactivation date, send warning to manager.
- Possible deferral request.
- On the scheduled date, disable all IDs but make no other changes.
- Possible reactivation request.
- Escalate all workflow requests assigned to the user.
- Y days after deactivation, cleanup:
- Detach user from org-chart, reassign subordinates.
- Move account to new OU.
- Remove all group memberships.
- Attache new groups (e.g., terminated users).
- Copy / move / change ownership of homedir and mail folder.
- Z days after clean-up, delete accounts but retain profile and identity attributes.