Linux in Business: Engineering
This page contains a list of references to commercial sites that make use of Linux to support their day-to-day business function. It's intended to be useful if you would like to find out more about how Linux is being used in commercial and other "production" (i.e., not at home, not just for fun) environments.
|Would you like to add an entry to this list, or to update an existing one? Fill in this form.||Il y a une version francaise de Linux-biz ici.|
As of 2003-03-18, there are 557 entries in this list.
For an excellent description of the Open Source software development model embodied in Linux, and why it's good for business, please refer to: www.opensource.org
- Artisys s.r.o.
- Beacon Maritime
- Chipworks, Inc.
- control Systemtechnik GmbH
- Data Flow Systems, Inc.
- diplan GmbH
- Fuss & O'Neill Inc.
- Gulf Interstate Engineering
- IBT SA.NV / Sylis Group
- Ing. Friedrich Bauer
- Kärnkraft Säkerhet och Utbildning AB
- Lumic Electronics Inc.
- MASH Computer und Softwareservice
- MCH Konsulting Sweden
- Optim Microwave, Inc.
- Quester Tangent Corporation
- Rachana Systems and Software
- The Silver Hammer Group Ltd.
- Sony Electronics Inc
- SSM Business Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
- Sulzer Hydro GmbH
- Townsend Engineering Services, Inc.
- UNITED RAILWAY SIGNAL GROUP, INC.
- Virginia Power (under Engineering companies because of their cool applications!)
For a list of other Linux resources on the WWW, press HERE
If you are interested in promoting Linux for a commercial application, you should read the Advocacy-HOWTO document.