Advantages of Hitachi ID Login Manager
The reduced sign-on process used by Hitachi ID Login Manager has several advantages over traditional E-SSO techniques:
- There is no global directory or database with user credentials:
- There is no target for a would-be attacker.
- There is no single point of failure which could cause a widespread disruption to users who wish to sign into applications.
- There is no need to enroll users by having them provide their passwords.
- There are no manually written scripts:
- No manual configuration is required.
- No infrastructure is required to distribute script files to PCs.
- Continued access to applications:
- Users sometimes need to sign into application from devices other than their work PC.
- Since passwords are synchronized and users know their own password, they can still sign in, even without the SSO software.
- In contrast, with other E-SSO products, users may not know their own application passwords. This disrupts application access using a smart phone, home PC, Internet kiosk, etc.
These advantages significantly reduce the cost and risk associated with deploying and managing Login Manager.