Smart Card PIN Reset - Hitachi ID Password Manager
Hitachi ID Password Manager allows users to reset a forgotten PIN on their smart card:
- Users can access Password Manager with a web browser or from the
- Organizations may choose from a variety of technologies,
including local or domain-level "secure kiosk accounts,"
a service that extends the Windows XP GINA screen or a
Windows Vista/7/8 credential provider to empower
users who cannot sign into Windows because they forgot their
smart card PIN to access Password Manager.
- Password Manager assists remote users by establishing a temporary
VPN connection using its own credentials and launching an HTTPS
session over that link.
- Using the Password Manager web portal, users can authenticate themselves
with anything other than their non-functional smart card.
Examples include answering security questions or typing a
- Once authenticated, Password Manager uses an ActiveX control to communicate with the user's smart card reader and smart card to perform a PIN reset.
Watch a Movie
Self-service reset for a forgotten or locked out smart card PIN