- User forgets the PIN to his smart card.
- User presses a "help" button to access self-service.
- A kiosk-mode web browser is launched.
- User enters his network login ID.
- User answers security questions.
- User chooses a new PIN for his smart card.
- ActiveX runs on the user's PC, unblocks the card and injects the new PIN.
- User signs into Windows with the smart card and new PIN.
- Access to self-service password reset from a locked out PC.
- PIN reset is available on-site and also while mobile (via temporary VPN).
- ActiveX is used to communicate with the smart card reader,
unblock the card and set the new PIN.