Users in medium to large organizations have too many passwords. Since they have trouble remembering more than 2--3 passwords, users respond to this situation by:
- Writing down their passwords.
- Choosing easy-to-remember (and easy-to-guess) passwords.
- Reusing old passwords.
- Avoiding password changes.
Each of these responses compromises cost or security.
Password Manager helps users more effectively manage their passwords by:
- Synchronizing passwords, so that users have fewer to remember.
- Prompting users to change passwords at reasonable times -- at the start of the workday rather than before going home, for example.
- Enforcing a strong password policy.
Password Manager helps organizations improve user service, strengthen security and lower IT support cost. It replaces password explosion with one or two strong and regularly changing passwords for every user.