Hitachi ID Password Manager Integration with Help Desk Applications
Hitachi ID Password Manager can be interfaced to your help desk system, so that all call records
(problem tickets) are automatically generated or updated.
The interface provides two major benefits:
- Password Manager can report it's actions to the help desk system, providing a
uniform method of logging for different types of incidents, including
- Support staff need not enter redundant information about calls.
Data entered into Password Manager is automatically propagated to the help
desk program. Alternately, data entered into the help desk system
can be automatically passed to Password Manager.
A standard facility is used to interface Password Manager to any help desk system,
from any vendor. This facility can:
- Create new call records.
- Update and optionally close existing call records.
- Exchange data with the help desk system when any of a
wide range of events takes place on the Password Manager server. Events that
may trigger interaction between Password Manager and a help desk system
include user and administrator authentication attempts, password
verification or reset, security violations, successful or failed
- Execute complex business logic.
You can configure the software to execute different actions
based on different events, the state of existing call records,
the time of day, etc.
- Send e-mail to support staff, security officers or users.
- Execute programs on the Password Manager server.
Password Manager comes with several standard interface programs for popular
help desk call management systems:
- Axios Assyst.
- BMC/Remedy ARS (4, 5, 6, 7).
- BMC Service Desk Express (7.0, 7.5, 9.x).
- CA Unicenter Help Desk.
- Clarify eFrontOffice (8, 12).
- FrontRange HEAT (5, 6, 7, 8).
- HP Service Desk.
- HP Service Manager (any version).
- MS System Center Service Manager Console
- Numara Track-It!
- ... and more